cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change voicemail CALL FAILED?!

MBHUK
Fledgling

So I have noticed that Three has changed to a new voicemail service and since changing I am unable to change my personally recorded greeting. When I am recording my greeting the call just drops and shows 'Call Failed' is this a bug with the new voicemail service?

I have tried on 4G, 5G and also WiFi Calling but it just always fails mid-recording.

8 REPLIES 8
Geluk
Key player

Apparently once set up initially, it can never be modified; brilliant policy....not 😞

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Geluk,

To my understanding it's not that it can't be replaced, just that you can't revert to the default greeting with no recording. I did some testing when this was raised on the community a few months ago and was able to change the recording.

If that doesn't seem to be working for you though please let me know, happy to get that checked out.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

sc1999
Local celebrity

There are 2 messages. The first one cannot be changed and is usually your name. The second can be changed and I have just changed mine. Also, I can now record different messages for unanswered calls, busy calla and something else.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MBHUK,

Seems to be a new issue, as I've tested this personally before. So you can dial into the Voicemail settings but at the point where it would start recording the new greeting call suddenly drops?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

MBHUK
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB. Yes so when I call voicemail it mentions about being able to revert to the old system, however when I continue on the new system and press option '3' to go to voicemail greetings, I then select option '1' which is for all calls. After the beep I begin recording my message but the call drops about 10 seconds after and says 'Call Failed'. I have tried on WiFi calling and 4G and I also use an iPhone 14 Pro.

Mellymoo
Fledgling

Did you get a solution to this problem ? I cam having the same issue now . Thanks 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mellymoo,

After you try to set the greeting, what happens if you miss a call. Does this still go to Voicemail?

Thanks,
Jonathan

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @MBHUK,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, I've not seen any updates so I'd like to get this looked at more closely for you, are you still having these issues with setting your voicemail greeting?

Thanks,
Jonathan