cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use data while roaming

intheshredder
Fledgling

I was on the 30day data pack renew with 10gb unlimited mins and texts with the 5gb inc. since the new roaming rules started I have been unable to use any data while abroad. I am currently in the US and have had to resort to getting an E-Sim. 
I used to feel happy about being a Three customer. That is changing for worse though.

7 REPLIES 7
intheshredder
Fledgling

For clarity I am able to text and call.

intheshredder
Fledgling

Also I didn’t go over my data limit. My package renewed and was unable to use anything. On my3 app it shows my data is untouched.

MichaelP
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @intheshredder,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear you've had some problems roaming in the US. With a 10GB Pay as You Go Data Pack, you should have access to 6GB of roaming from your monthly allowance.

Did you receive a welcome text and connect to a local network successfully upon arrival? We'd recommend resetting your network settings and this can sometimes help to refresh your network connection. 

You may find some guidance on this on our Device Support page. Feel free to share your device make/model, otherwise, and I can check for how you can do this.

Thanks,
Michael

I tried resetting my network setting and it didn’t work. I believe the problem is on Three’s end because when I look at my account my data is full but my roaming is zero.

IMG_2080.jpeg

MichaelP
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @intheshredder,

Thanks for getting back to me with this info.

To reset network settings on your iPhone, the steps are as follows:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Please note, this may deleted Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connections/passwords.

If these are the steps that you previously followed, we'd need our Customer Support team to take a look at your account to see if there any issues with roaming provisioning.

Please pop through when you can, and we'll investigate this with you.

Thanks,
Michael

intheshredder
Fledgling

I was able to reset my network settings but it didn’t fix it.

Already tried contacting customer support. They put me through to tech team that were supposed to investigate it. They left me a voicemail but when I called the number they told me, there was no option to speak to anyone.

intheshredder
Fledgling

I did get a welcome text, I’ve tried manual selection of networks too. It’s an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Turning on and off mobile data, roaming, airplane mode and my phone.