cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used to have the free 200M data sim but it stopped without notification?

pwalk
Active

For the last couple of years, I've had an active free 200MB monthly data sim.
Recently after the online account and app has been updated, I couldn't see my allowance or refresh date. The SIM continued working fine (data and incoming calls as well).

I chatted to support and the agent appeared a bit clueless and claiming this has stopped. I didn't see how this could have been stopped since it was working fine and I haven't heard anything about it from Three. When I confirmed that I can still use data on it (while roaming as well, as it used to), the agent's reply was basically "that's great".

After coming off the chat, it has suddenly stopped.
Now, I understand that the service might have stopped and it was a free service, but to cut it off just like that, without notification and after chatting to support who didn't appear to know abut it, is strange to say the least. For all purposes, this was a normal working SIM from Three, albeit for data only. I'm sure something's wrong here?

157 REPLIES 157
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pwalk,

We'll check into this and let you know what's happened. As has been noted already we stopped taking new registrations for this offer on 23 May 2022, but I'm not currently aware of any update where we've withdrawn this offer for customers that were receiving this. I'll get this clarified and let you know.

@Anonymous I'm not clear from your posts do you also have a PAYG SIM that was registered for the free 200MB per month?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jonathan,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, we have 6 Mobile Broadband Data Reward SIMs in the family for several years, and all have had their Data Reward benefits (200MB free monthly allowance, 3p/min call rate, etc) replaced with the regular Mobile Broadband tariff (no free allowance after a 100MB Starter Pack, 35p/min call rate) after the Three system update app re-registration.

JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello @Anonymous,

Lets get this looked at!

I have dropped you a PM with a direct link to our colleagues who can look into this more.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

John M

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate your help John M

pwalk
Active

Hi @JonathanB ,

Do you have any update on this please?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pwalk,

Sorry not yet, but I will update you as soon as I have any news.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pwalk, @Anonymous,

Thanks for your patience, we'd like to take a closer look into your accounts so @JohnM has sent you some info by PM to get you in touch with some colleagues who will gather some account info to help with the investigation.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate your help Jonathan

bronxboy
Regular

Any Update ??

JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @pwalk 

This isn't ideal!

I have sent you over a PM with a direct link to one of our colleagues who can look into this further.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

John M