cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used to have the free 200M data sim but it stopped without notification?

pwalk
Active

For the last couple of years, I've had an active free 200MB monthly data sim.
Recently after the online account and app has been updated, I couldn't see my allowance or refresh date. The SIM continued working fine (data and incoming calls as well).

I chatted to support and the agent appeared a bit clueless and claiming this has stopped. I didn't see how this could have been stopped since it was working fine and I haven't heard anything about it from Three. When I confirmed that I can still use data on it (while roaming as well, as it used to), the agent's reply was basically "that's great".

After coming off the chat, it has suddenly stopped.
Now, I understand that the service might have stopped and it was a free service, but to cut it off just like that, without notification and after chatting to support who didn't appear to know abut it, is strange to say the least. For all purposes, this was a normal working SIM from Three, albeit for data only. I'm sure something's wrong here?

157 REPLIES 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless Three are not going to honour their promise, your free Data allowance should continue to be available.

From 23 May 2022, we removed our Free 200MB offer from MBB PAYG Data Reward plans and no longer accept any new registrations.  Note: Customers who have registered already will continue to receive the 200MB every month for life and the following information is still applicable.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/mobile-broadband/getting-started/about-pay-as-you-go-mobile-broadban... 

pwalk
Active

@Anonymous Thanks, I will look into it then.

Anonymous
Not applicable
pwalk
Active

@Anonymous Thanks. I've just come off the chat with them and they keep saying it's discontinued, they've disconnected it for everyone after the upgrade, "sorry for inconvenience".
Which direclty contradicts what Three said before. From the discussion you posted, it seems to be working for some and not for others. I'm confused.
Is there anyone from Three we can tag here who can confirm what's going on with this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience is that the 200MB monthly allowance is also discontinued. Your account received a one-time 100MB Starter Data Pack but once that is used, you will need to purchase a Data Pack.

pwalk
Active

In other words, Three went back on their promise. And without letting people know.
I don't think I can trust a company like that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, precisely.

pwalk
Active

I will tag @JohnM here who perhaps can comment and let us know what's the deal with this once and for all. 

JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@pwalk,

I have popped over a PM to your inbox if can check it out and follow the link 🙂

John M