cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using data abroad

jheski
Fledgling

So I’m a little confused here, I thought the £2 daily charge allows you to use your UK data allowance? For example I get 100gb per month of which I have 88gb remaining for the next 20 odd days, so plenty right. So I get text messages saying that I am using the £2 roaming charges, I thought all was okay until yesterday I got a text saying I’ve used 80% of my data allowance. Can anyone explain why I’m paying £2 per day to use my data and then being told I have to pay extra, I don’t understand especially as I’ve spoke to Three about how to do this and was told that I would be able to use my data allowance abroad. Any help here would be appreciated, thank you

4 REPLIES 4
MZone
Key player

In our Go Roam in Europe destinations, you can use up to 12GB of your data allowance. Any usage over this fair use limit but within your allowance is subject to a surcharge.

jheski
Fledgling

Just wished that this was made clear from the outset and thank you for your reply. I would never have downloaded something to watch on the flight back had I known this. Unfortunately for me it does differ from a Three call handler I spoke to several months ago before visiting Norway, they said very clearly that the £2 daily charge unlocked the usage I have at home 😣

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @jheski, welcome to Three Community.

@MZone is spot on here, as we do have a fair use policy in place for roaming. This means you can use up to 12GB of your data allowance in our Go Roam destinations. Any usage over this fair use limit but within your allowance is subject to a small surcharge. So that message you've received, will mean you've used 80% of that 12GB.

You can find details on this in your Price Guide online and read more about roaming on our dedicated support pages

Hope this helps, and that you're having a great trip!

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

jheski
Fledgling

One thing that would be very useful here is to see what my data usage has been since being abroad so I know exactly how much of 12gb of data is remaining. I really don’t want to be started being charged on top of the £2 daily fee. All I know if what my total usage has been to date, I would have logged onto my account before leaving had I been aware of this, but we live and learn I guess. Thank you