cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor network download speeds.

SDSPP01
Fledgling

Hi. Can anyone provide any information regarding engineering work in the PO30 area please? According to the outage checker work has been ongoing for weeks, probably months. From a download speed of around 50-60mb/sec on 4g, my download speed varies from 1-10mb/sec but despite contacting technical support and several online chats, no one can even give an approximate end date for the work. The standard approach from Three is to try to blame my equipment, then eventually admit that work is actually ongoing, but will end within days(it doesn't), then offer me a weeks rebate on my bill. The latest contact from Three was a text to thank me for my patience, and will update me soon.That was on the 13th. Nov and I've heard nothing.

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Welcome to the club. It took 3 months, at least, for the problem/upgrade to be completed. The engineer I spoke to blamed equipment supply issues but why start the job if everything not available. Patience is the key but we will all remember the problems when contract is due foe renewal. 

MFox83
Fledgling

I’ve just joined 3 on a two year contract having been with EE previously.  I’ve gone from getting around 200Mb in the evening to 1Mb to 2 Mb if I’m lucky. Apparently when you check the 3 Network Status page for my postcode it’s says ‘we’re fixing an issue with our network in this area’ but I’ve got it on good authority that it’s said that for months 🙁