cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Voicemail access issue

Paddiewack
Superstar

Iโ€™ve just gone from payg on Three to sim only contract using the self same iPhone 12 retaining my original number but with a new SIM card.๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธThe problem is that I can only access voicemail by dialling 123. Iโ€™ve set up my voicemail at network end in the usual way but if I try to press the voicemail symbol in the phone app it says contact carrier. Iโ€™ve restarted the phone a number of times and removed and inserted the SIM card restarting each time. Also Iโ€™ve noticed the option to change voicemail password in settings is not showing. 
Any ideas greatly welcomed. 

6 REPLIES 6
Geluk
Key player

Just try pressing in the "1" key; works on most phones for v/mail.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Thank you yes Iโ€™ve just discovered that. Itโ€™s just annoying me that I canโ€™t use the voicemail symbol. Not the end of the world just irritating lol.

Thank you again. 

philipblair
Regular

Iโ€™m having exactly the same issue @Paddiewack .  Very frustrating as you say. The โ€˜spoolโ€™ link was working as of yesterday.  My wife has the same sim only contract as I have and the same phone, iPhone 14 Pro Max but her voicemail is still working with the spool logo on the phone app.   Are you by any chance using an esim? I recently changed tones in and have noticed a few issues that no longer seem to work as they did before, iMessage being one of them. 

Paddiewack
Superstar

No! Just a regular SIM card!

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

Another user here, Clever-Trevor has observed the same issue and posted that they had the issue while on an iOS beta, but the issue wasn't present on the stable release of iOS. It's worth considering that this could be the source of the issue.

Pete. 

Paddiewack
Superstar

I canโ€™t deny youโ€™ve got a point. As Ive said before Iโ€™m just being pedantic. 
I am though grateful for the replies because I keep confusing the customer service ops. They think I want help setting up voicemail network end which Iโ€™ve already done.

Hey ho could be worse lol. ๐Ÿซค