cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While in a call I randomly got, within 10 mins, “number is not recognised”

obagriffin
Fledgling

Hey,
Nothing serious but just wondering why this happened? I am currently abroad and decided to ring a family member on their birthday. At around 10 mins into the call it cuts and the AI voice says “number is not recognised”. I hang up and re-call and all is well. Just wondering how this is possible? Considering  we were already in a call together?

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @obagriffin,

That's certainly odd, I'm not aware of anyone else reporting anything like this, and it's not too clear if this would have been our network or the roaming one you were connected to that would have an issue.

If you, or any other community users, are running into this it'd be best to narrow down any consistent factors. For example:

• Does this always happen at or around 10 minutes into the call
  • What country or countries does this happen in
  • What roaming network were you connected to at the time
  • Does the issue persist when returning to the UK
  • Does this affect calls to one specific number or network provider (don't share anyone's personal number on the community)

Totally appreciate that's a lot of information to gather, but if it's a persistent and disruptive issue let us know, along with any of the above we can narrow down, and that should be a good starting point to pass info onto our tech teams.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.