Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems receiving texts/calls.

KAO17
Fledgling

Hi,

I recently swapped from O2 to Three PAYG. Yesterday was the day of my number being forwarded. I can see that it has been forwarded (Checked the number) and I can make calls outbound. (My O2 sim disconnected yesterday).
But i cannot receive any texts or calls. I tried calling myself from my landline and it said "Network could not be connected" and now it says "Number is not recognised". I also cannot use data even though I bought a 10gb add on package. 

I leave the country tomorrow afternoon for 3 months - I'm worried this won't be sorted and will cause me massive problems. Any ideas or is it a sit tight and wait a little longer scenario?

Karl

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Karl,

I'm sorry to hear your port hasn't went smoothly. If you're still not receiving calls or texts by midnight on your port date, I'd recommend to switch your phone off and on again, and also try toggling flight/airplane mode on and off again. If that doesn't fix it, it's best to get in touch with customer services, as you're most likely experiencing a split port.

This is rare, but it means we didn't receive all the files we need from your old provider. It can take a couple of days to fix, but if you get in touch, the team will escalate this with our porting team, who will chase this with the porting team at your old network.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

View solution in conversation

1 REPLY 1
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Karl,

I'm sorry to hear your port hasn't went smoothly. If you're still not receiving calls or texts by midnight on your port date, I'd recommend to switch your phone off and on again, and also try toggling flight/airplane mode on and off again. If that doesn't fix it, it's best to get in touch with customer services, as you're most likely experiencing a split port.

This is rare, but it means we didn't receive all the files we need from your old provider. It can take a couple of days to fix, but if you get in touch, the team will escalate this with our porting team, who will chase this with the porting team at your old network.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!