cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM Quick Transfer

UKenGB
Regular

eSIM Quick Transfer is a Bluetooth transfer of the eSIM between adjacent iPhones, is almost instantaneous and requires no intervention from the carrier (i.e. Three).

I have 2 iPhones and I want to be able to use either one (NOT simultaneously). Quick Transfer makes this possible, but I have so far been unable to determine if Three support this and if they do not, why on earth not as this is an extremely useful process.

People change their iPhone frequently and this makes that process really simple. I don't change phones, but I do have 2 iPhones (different sizes) and I want to be able to simply pick which one I want to use, at any time. This can be done with eSIM Quick Transfer. Anyone had any luck finding out if Three support this process.

I have to point out that EE do.

6 REPLIES 6
Clever-Trevor
Established

Hi,

Thats a good question. 

I went with Three physical SIM because a pain to transfer e-sims. 

With EE you just bring another phone near & and can initiate the transfer - works great. 

Hopefully Three now have this.

Cheers

UKenGB
Regular

I currently just have a physical SIM, but with protective covers on both iPhones, it makes swapping the SIM a huge pain. Instant transfer of an eSIM is the perfect solution. Why do all carriers not automatically provide this? Baffles me. It's like they always want to offer an actually poorer service than they could. 😕

It is making me want to move to EE, but I just started a new 24 month contract with Three and ending it early is horrifically expensive. Maybe if Three do merge with Vodafone the combined operation will try and provide the best they can. I'm not holding my breath though.

MZone
Maestro

Only EE and O2 currently support this feature. See here for a list of what eSIM features are supported on what networks. 

UKenGB
Regular

@MZone wrote:

Only EE and O2 currently support this feature.…

So that just leaves Three and Vodafone who don't support it and since they're about to merge, that would make the largest operator the most backward of them all.

Let's hope it really does change with iOS 18.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @UKenGB,

I've had a check into this and the eSIM quick transfer option is supported on Three for devices with iOS 18 installed, in terms of device requirements this should work with the XS and any more recent iPhone devices.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

@JonathanB wrote:

Hi @UKenGB,

I've had a check into this and the eSIM quick transfer option is supported on Three for devices with iOS 18 installed, in terms of device requirements this should work with the XS and any more recent iPhone devices.

Thanks,
Jonathan

That's great news. Not on iOS 18 yet, but will be soon so this is very encouraging as my iPhones are an XS Max and a 13 Mini, so should be good.

What is the change with iOS 18 though. Why (and how) are Three only supporting Quick Transfer for iOS 18?