cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100gb to unlimited

iangilf
Fledgling

Hi I recently took out a new contract on a s22+;for my daughter when I was talking to live chat I said I want the same unlimited data plan she is already on but the person selling me the phone persuaded me to go for 100gb I wasn't happy at the time about this but they said it would be cheaper and better , it now turns out my daughter wants and needs the unlimited data as she is at college now so she uses slot more data so I went threw live chat again explaining this to lots of different people but they said there's nothing we can do , so then I rang three and the person said they will try to change the plan but it couldn't be done , so then they said look for another plan and contract and then take it out and then return the other phone and they would phone me last Thursday but noone did phone me back lucky I didn't take out another contract or Id end up with 2 phones and contracts all I want is for my daughter's plan to be setup to unlimited data which I was persuaded not to take at the time when this was actually what I wanted ,can anyone please help me with this ?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @iangilf  welcome to Three Community.

The price plan of a contract can only be changed after the first bill has been generated (otherwise, it would need to be cancelled completely and new one taken out, as was suggested). You should receive a text when your first bill is ready to view, and you can find that in the Three app or by logging into My3 online.

Once you're logged in, you'll be able to change from 100GB of data to Unlimited by tapping the Plan tab and then 'Change Plan' (or by choosing 'Your Account' and then 'Change your price plan' if using My3 online). You'll likely need your daughter's phone nearby, to make sure you can verify your log-in. 

I'm really sorry this wasn't explained to you previously, and that you didn't receive that call. If you'd like to discuss raising a complaint, or if you're having any trouble changing the price plan, please check the details I've sent in a private message. Just click your avatar and then 'Messages' to view your inbox.

Let us know how things go, we're keen to make sure this is sorted for you and your daughter.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.