cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£181 for 5 days in Italy - how can this be?

PippaW
Fledgling

So on 12 September my son travelled to Italy. On 15 September I remembered to sort out his data and purchased a Go Roam add on which I naively believed would allow him to "unlock his data, minutes and texts" as it says on the tin....except I didnt read the small print which limits his access to data. I'll give you the rest of the saga in a time frame on 17 September (as I was at work assuming everything was okay)

12.56 I receive a text saying he has used 90% of his data

6.40pm Panicky message from my son who has lost all data

7.33pm Contact Three who agree to refund Go Roam and instead add Data Passport to the number (£50)

8.14pm Receive notification I have reached my Credit Limit

8.30pm Add £50 to my account to top up credit limit and accommodate data passport (no idea if this is what I need to do but by now have spent so many hours in online chats to India and come away with absolutely nothing resolved that this seems like a sensible option)

Imagine my surprise yesterday to receive a bill for £181 which does not even include the £50 top up of my credit limit.

I have checked the bill closely and during the time that he was without data my son incurred charges of £18.66 in data so why this ridiculously high bill? I was expecting:

The Go Roam to be refunded

To pay £50 data passport plus £18.66 in charges plus the monthly charge of £27.14 (for two phones) TOTAL: £95.80 which is already enough.

Furthermore, why I was ever advised to transfer my children's phones to a business account i will never know and suspect it was illegal, but the salesman in your Putney store was so pushy and managed to convince me it was the right thing to do. I have had nothing but trouble since August 2023 and now find I am tied into a two year contract so cant even leave.

If you are reading this and considering a move to Three......I have Three words of advice DON'T DO IT......

0 REPLIES 0