cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alleged Missed Payment

JBrdz
Fledgling

Hello all, 

I have been in a little conundrum with Three recently, I had recently received an e-mail from one of the credit score checkers saying my credit score had changed. I logged on to find out my credit score had dropped 250 points due to a late payment from Three, may I add, exemplary payment record, no missed payments at all in my history at all, not even once. 

Without going into too much detail on a public forum, the payment "missed" was in August 2024, and for X value. I called Three yesterday (07/10/24) to discuss this problem, as this change on my credit file is monumentally important. 

After speaking to the representative at the other side of the phone (terrible phone line, not great speaking English or understanding of English it seemed) - he turned around and told me the late payment was in JULY and for Y value (different value & month to the credit file listing) - he also said that the payment was attempted and then returned to them (this correlates with my bank statement) - but cannot explain to me why, and nothing looks incorrect on my banking side - I have 2 DD's for my phone (one for device, one for phoneline) and they are taken by separate direct debits under different names (Three, and H3GD P) - 7 days later, H3GD P took the correct amount out of my bank as normal, however Three didn't. 

I have read on various other threads here that Three do attempt to take the payment 7 days later in the event of a late payment, which has not happened. I read on another thread from Community Moderator JonathanB, that the account only goes into the debt collection process if the second direct debit fails 1 week later (It hasn't failed because they haven't even attempted to take it)  Furthermore, I had no notification of this missed payment, no notification on the app (not that it works 90% of the time anyway), no e-mail correspondence, no telephone correspondence, and no written correspondence either. I only found out about this 3 MONTHS LATER, after the credit score checker I used notified me of a change on my report. Following my conversation with the frankly useless Three agent on the phone, supposedly there is going to be an investigation which can take 14 days, and ONLY if they plan to change the credit file, will it then take up to 30 days after that point to change. 

Has anyone else had issues like this? It seems whichever method I use to contact Three, nobody is bothered to help, and nobody actually knows how to help either. This is my first Pay Monthly contract with Three (previous EE customer for 10+year) and it's left an incredibly sour taste in my mouth with the experience (this credit marker, the lack of support, lack of mobile signal, a Three app that simply does not work) 

1 REPLY 1
MichaelP
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello @JBrdz,

Thanks for reaching out and for sharing all of this information with us.

We understand that an impact to your credit file is concerning. As an investigation is ongoing, please allow some more time for our Credit team to complete this. Any credit file amendments take 30 days to action and can also take up to 60 days to show when you run a credit report.

If the outcome of the investigation is unsatisfactory, we have a complaints process that you may follow to ensure this is looked into further.

Furthermore, can you please share some more info on what is happening with the Three app? We're aware of an ongoing issue at the moment where customers see a white screen and 3 rotating dots when signing in.

Our backend team is actively working on fixing this. We appreciate your patience and apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

Additionally, regarding the lack of mobile signal - How long have you been experiencing this? Is this the case at home and outdoors, or is it more prevalent in specific places? Is this impacting all of data, calls, and texts? We would appreciate the additional info.

Thanks,
Michael