cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed Twice

DarrenMac85
Fledgling

Hi

Purchased a new phone via fonehouse , upfront free with £23 per month. 

I arranged a number transfer and after 1 day all sorted.

Then got my 1st bill , bit odd. Of £26.

Then 1 week later another bill of £26.

I have raised this via chat and complaint but agents seem to not understand 

Can anyone explain why I've been billed twice,  only had phone 1 week

6 REPLIES 6
Paddiewack
Superstar

I’m afraid that nobody on here can give you a definitive explanation of your billing issue. This forum is just that; a forum for Three customers to share experiences and issues with other customers. The operative word is customers. It maybe you need to contact fonehouse it maybe that you need to deal exclusively with Three. For what it’s worth and if it were me I’d contact fonehouse and say what the heck is going on because your expectation doesn’t seem to match your annotated reality. 

Best of luck.

DarrenMac85
Fledgling

Thanks for reply. Both bills have come from Three so wanted them to advise why are they providing me with 2 bills in 7 days.

I'll contact fonehouse too

Paddiewack
Superstar

It’s fine mate and good luck, 

MZone
Rising star

Have you checked the billing periods you have been billed for? Have you checked the phone number on both bills is yours? Could be various reasons. 

DarrenMac85
Fledgling

1st bill is 16th April to 20th April £26 taken on 23 April, then got email to say another payment is due 1st May.  Shows my allowance runs out 20th May. So assume the new bill is for 20th April to 20th may

I signed up to a 0 up front phone deal with 23 per month contact. Three live chat have said I'm being billed twice because one bill is for phone and other is for tariff.

Never heard of that before, surely not right???

MZone
Rising star

Sounds like your on one of Three’s new your way plans where you pay a set amount per month for your device and a separate amount per month for your airtime package. 

Why have 2 payments been taken from my bank account?

Your device plan is separate to your airtime plan. They’re 2 different contracts, so you’ll see two separate direct debits on your bank statement.

The device plan payment appears as “H3G Device Plan Agreement” and the other is for the airtime plan. Once your device is fully paid off, your direct debit will stop automatically. If you continue on the same plan you signed up to, you’ll then only pay your airtime plan.