cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim Transfer

adamjmcgrath
Regular

I've been trying to transfer my eSim over to a new phone.

I called customer services and they said I'd get an email with a QR code, but the email never arrived! Now the eSim in my current device has been de-activiated by Three and I no longer have a working phone!

I can't even login to the Three app because my phone number no longer works!

I've not had a number for 24hrs now and I've had no indication of when the issue might be resolved.

Is this how eSims are supposed to work on Three? Am I going to have to change provider, just so I can get a working phone number again? 

Can anyone at Three help me please?!

Best solution
Best solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a very similar issue back in October last year. I’m not going to labour the story but if you’ve got a driving licence or passport my advice would be to go to the nearest Three shop and pick up a replacement physical sim. Same number as you’ve got/had and then you can argue the toss of an eSIM replacement with customer service from a position of relative strength. You can also ask them to send you a replacement SIM card but given that it’s a bank holiday weekend you’re unlikely to receive it until Tuesday/Wednesday of next week. You could also ask them to send you another eSIM if you’ve got a sense of adventure. They can’t (as I understand it) reactivate your current sim;physical or virtual.

Good Luck.

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
adamjmcgrath
Regular

I can't even login to the Three app because my phone number no longer works!

Am having to use my husband's account to post this

Best solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a very similar issue back in October last year. I’m not going to labour the story but if you’ve got a driving licence or passport my advice would be to go to the nearest Three shop and pick up a replacement physical sim. Same number as you’ve got/had and then you can argue the toss of an eSIM replacement with customer service from a position of relative strength. You can also ask them to send you a replacement SIM card but given that it’s a bank holiday weekend you’re unlikely to receive it until Tuesday/Wednesday of next week. You could also ask them to send you another eSIM if you’ve got a sense of adventure. They can’t (as I understand it) reactivate your current sim;physical or virtual.

Good Luck.

adamjmcgrath
Regular

I think I'll grab my passport 🙂 thanks for the suggestion

MZone
Superstar

You can also request a replacement eSIM in your My3 account for future reference. Apparently the emails only come through during business hours (9-5ish) even though you can request this 24hrs a day which is poor and no warning of this is given. So essentially only request one between this time. Have you also checked your spam/junk folders in your emails?

Chubibi
Fledgling

Three seems to have issues with sending out the eSIM emails. I just signed up for a new contract and didn't get an email when they promised they would send one. I have a phone with no physical SIM card slot, so there was no way for me to get into the app and the emails they're sending out for security codes through the online chat feature took 3 hours to get into my inbox... so yeah, going to the Three store is the only option while Three is having so many internal technical issues. 😞