cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing wrong

Curlysutoo
Active

So I can now finally get on the app. Glad I did because my price plan is wrong. They want to charge me £32 the app says. Been on the chat and told I’ll be charged £37.26. I don’t think so! I bought the sim on a £17 a month plan. Don’t know if I should cancel the direct debit or not. If they take too much money I’ll be in a mess as regards my other bills. 

6 REPLIES 6
sc1999
Local celebrity

Don't cancel the DD as it will lead to missed payments, credit rating affected and possible visit from a bailiff. How long have you had the contract as there may be a half price period that has been forgotten. Also there was a price increase on 1st April of between 4.5 and 13% depending on when the contract was taken out. There can be a slightly larger than expected first payment as the date you started the contract is not always the bill date. 

Check your bank and see what has been taken, if anything. It's really annoying 3 are having all of these system and customer service issues but that's something that we should not have to put up with.

Finally, if you are in the first 30 days, you may have the option to walk away.

Curlysutoo
Active

Nothing been taken yet. Got sim only end of May. 

Davyl
Regular

Contact the company you bought the sim from, they`ll want a copy of the bill you received from Three, get them to chase up Three about the wrong billing.

That`s what I have done with my sim only contract (£17pm Fonehouse).

Curlysutoo
Active

Mine was same £17 pm from fonehouse 

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Curlysutoo 

Sorry for the issue you're facing.

I previously sent you a PM with some steps to get in touch with some colleagues who can help look into this. 

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

Junglistjames
Fledgling

I have a similar issue. App says I'm paying £37 a month when it should be £17. Took a handset contract out via mobile phones direct. Called customer services and they quote I'm paying £17 a month for sim and £20 a month for handset. There is nothing to pay for handset as I paid £195 upfront to mobile phones direct. Mobile phones direct agreed this is correct but three won't listen