cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t Register For My3 Using Data SIM Only

Twiggy1
Fledgling

I’m having a great deal of trouble getting into my 2 data only SIM accounts. The problem is that I’m being sent a one time passcode to the SIMs that are data only, so these SIMs don’t receive messages, as there is the facility to make phone calls. I’ve spent hours on 2 previous calls with an assistant trying to resolve this and have now been assured that this one time passcode will be sent to my email addresses. This doesn’t seem to work, as the only option I get is for it to be sent to the SIM card as a message. Having had to annoyingly create 3 new email address because 3 Mobile chose to upgrade the way customers log into their accounts, you would have thought that the technical department would have been prepared for this data SIM card issue. I have no confidence that anyone at 3 Mobile is working on this, so I’m wondering if anyone has overcome this issue and can share how it was resolve.
Whatever happened to customer focused service?

1 REPLY 1
Clever-Trevor
Established

Hi,

Yes; I just put data SIM in my phone - received code - then put data SIM back in MiFi/ Router. Or, use a mobile MiFi that will receive sms.

Good luck