cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access old account to make payments

FlittLocke
Active

In around April, I stopped direct debit to my old account because I'd got a new account. I'm not able to access the old account due to my old email it's on no longer working, and I cannot login because I've forgotten the password. Payments have stopped, but I've had a letter saying they're going to pass this to dept collectors.

I've tried to contact Three unsuccessfully, and I have no usable phone to be able to call them. There's also no stores here because I'm in a very rural place. 

What the hell do I do?

5 REPLIES 5
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @FlittLocke,

This sounds really frustrating but I'm sure we can find a solution. It sounds like you'd intended to upgrade but took out a new account instead? Have you already tried getting in touch with the chat team, if so what happened?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

FlittLocke
Active

I had to make a new account due to not being able to access the old one. I decided it would be better so that everything was up to date and so that I could get a new hub (old one was falling apart)

I have already tried to access the chat, but haven't been able to because there never seems to be anyone there.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FlittLocke,

I've just sent you a private message reply on the conversation we'd discussed last year. Hopefully this should get you through to some colleagues that can help sort this out.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Trojan
Fledgling

I have a similar sort of story. I cancelled my direct debits in 2020 and my account ended up in default. I have tried numerous times to contact Three (chat bot, telephone and even in store).

They cannot seem to find my account even though I have given them my old phone number, my personal details and even the references from my bank payments but they still can't find my old account.

It has had a negative impact on my credit score and I just want to clear the outstanding debt. I never thought that it would be so difficult to give a company money 😆

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Trojan,

I'm sorry to hear about this. We've went through some system updates in the interim since 2020 so the account may not be visible to customer services, if it hasn't been paid in the last 3-4 years. Usually you would clear a historical default with an agency rather than Three directly, this would tend to be an organisation called Lowell, have they not been in touch at all, or did you just find this on your credit report?

Thanks,
Jonathan