cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a call about upgrading my contract and getting the newest iPhone

Thihalya
Fledgling

Hello, I got a call from 07********* about upgrading my contract and getting the new iPhone 15 pro max for £38 a month and they asked for my card details , I’m unsure if it’s actually three or a fraud? They emailed me as well from an email : promotions@3mobiles.uk

im worried that it might be a fraud 

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

This is not 3 but one of their partners. If you choose to upgrade through these people you may get a hefty bill from 3 for an early upgrade.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I'm a little sceptical about a legitimate partner dialling from an 07 phone number. So it may be a scam impersonator. It definitely won't be from Three directly anyway.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Thihalya,

It's at best a 3rd party dealer, but there's a few indicators this could be a fraudster, such as dialling from an 07 number. If they've directly claimed they're contacting you from Three, this will be a scam. There's more guidance on how to report scams/fraud here.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.