cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged 25 payments for a 24 month contract

User31
Fledgling

I was on a 24 month contract with three which ended on 1 August 2024. On the final day, I requested a PAC code to keep my number and I inputted this with my new sim with a new provider. I received confirmation texts from three that my account was successfully disconnected. However today i received a text saying i have an outstanding bill of one months payment. After making this outstanding payment, I counted my total payments and it was 25. What is the reason for this and how do i get this issue resolved and the money refunded? 

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @User31,

I can only give general advice here, as this is a public forum we wouldn't be able to give information from your account in response to your post.

If we're talking about a Device plan then the 1st payment may have been an upfront payment, or if all the payments we're discussing are for airtime then a final bill is usually issued within 30 days of cancellation.

If you've used a PAC to move provider then we recalculate your charges to the exact day you moved, so if there's been any overpayment due to the timing of your bills or Direct Debits then a refund can be arranged after the final bill is produced. If the credit amount is over 50p we refund this automatically.

Based on what you've posted, if you switched on the last day of your minimum term you only would have the 24 months to pay, but I do need to advise that this is a minimum term, so if your plan continued to rollover you would still continue to pay for the plan up till the cancellation date.

If you've still got access to your My3, you should be able to view the last 12 bills we've issued, so I'd recommend having a check at the most recent one and this should help you see what dates we've charged for, and if that factors in the cancellation, or if the final bill is still to be issued.

If you're unable to view the bills, or if they don't seem to add up, please get in touch, customer services should be able to have a closer look at the bills with you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

User31
Fledgling

Thanks for the reply.

I am unable to access my three account so I can’t see the billing history.

I cancelled my plan and received the PAC code on the final day of my 24 month contract however the number moved to my new sim the following day.

Is this why I was charged for the month and then when the final bill is calculated I will be refunded the amount for the remaining 29 days of this month since I only used three data for one day before the transfer to the new sim was completed?

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey. 

Yeah, that's right. The final bill normally generates around 28 days after the account closes, so you should receive the refund not long after that. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.