Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged £51 in one day for data in Ireland on unlimited plan?

dan1979
Fledgling

Unlimited data and calls plan, settings on account say UK and abroad as per the instructions.

Checked before travelling and it says it's included in allowance.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/roaming/ireland#paymonthly

Why charged £51 in less than 18 hours?

Tried live chat but it just disconnects.

2 REPLIES 2
SarahC
Employee
Employee

Hi @dan1979 

So that I can help you out, I'll need to ask a couple of questions. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this!

When you check your Three app, is it showing that you have any data left? Even with an unlimited data plan, there is a limit of 12GB, this would also include anyone using your personal hotspot. If you've used more than this when in the The Republic of Ireland, then this may be where the additional cost has come from. Special numbers are also excluded from the unlimited minutes and would be charged at an additional cost.

If this isn't the case and nothing seems to be showing as over on your allowances then we may need to look into your account in more detail offline.

Thanks,
SarahC

macbanana
Fledgling

Set a price cap.

I notice that in Ireland all I can use is my data allowance and I can use local Wi-Fi say I'm in somebody's house..

I really can't understand it all.. I was in Southern Ireland for 1-year and used my data allowance all the time I'm I think I had £9 extra charges once but I don't know why that was it's just crazy..