cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit and Worldwide Data Cap

tarantella
Rising star

Why is it not possible to change Credit Limit and Worldwide Data Cap through the Three App, nor three.co.uk ?

A family member on another network can do both of these things online in a few clicks, yet so far it's taken me over an hour on Live Chat and it's still not sorted.

Moderators...  please can you help, and feed this back, so that things change ? TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Clever-Trevor
Established

I agree - EE, Vodafone are best for apps to manage the service - Three is very basic 😞 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Tarantella. 

Those setting are supposed to be hidden in order to provide additional protections for users. I'm not sure why other networks would expose these to the user. 

There are limits that protect the account from different things. The front line is the spend cap, this can be changed by anyone using the phone who can log in to My3. This is good for stopping accidental charges, but wont add ons from being purchased, and won't stop certain 3rd party charges as well. 

The credit limit provides protections against all of these things, and also provides protection in situations where the primary user of the phone is not the account holder. The account holder can set an over all limit, £20 for example, and the user can set their own limits, but can't exceed the credit limit of £20. 

The data roaming limit, I could be wrong, but I believe this was a requirement from Ofcom in order to protect users from unexpected charges while data is active while roaming, while still giving them the ability to spend on other things besides data. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

MZone
Maestro

Yes the £45 data roaming limit is an OFCOM requirement.