cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming in EU

pegasus
Regular

Could somebody please help?

We are frequent visitors to Italy for many years and have never had a problem before, we travel at least once a month.

On arrival last week once we started using data as usual we got a message saying 80% of fair use data used, within 15 minutes a message saying we’ve used all 12gb. Unable to get the new app working correctly we switch off data not to incur charges. No worry data resets in a couple of days, Spend cap set to be on the safe side.

A couple of days later we were notified data has reset, switched on data roaming and within about a hour we got 80% warning then another you used all 12gb. Impossible I thought until horror of horror a message saying we’ve reached our spend cap. Web and app do not show this information when weve been checking.

This is massively frustrating and cannot be correct our average data use per month including our regular trips to EU  is between 3-5gb per month over the last 2 years.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!

5 REPLIES 5
Lils555
Fledgling

The same thing has happened to me in Italy and is super annoying as no wifi here either! Did you manage to get this resolved? Never had these problems with O2 😞 

pegasus
Regular

Ive posted an update warning on post

WARNING . . . .EU Roaming!

Sadly although this forum is on their website it appears it's not monitored in anyway by them.

Ironically I've just taken out 2 new contracts with O2 after 10 years with 3. 

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

DPJ
Regular

Same thing has happened to me and my wife, driving to Italy from the UK. Having arrived in Italy, we both got texts saying we were over the fair use 12gb limit and would be charged 17p / mb on any excess. We both have unlimited data contracts. My phone says I've used less than 3gb, my wife's less than 1gb. I phoned customer services to query the excess 17p per mb, they insisted the charge would be 1p per mb; I quoted the contract 0.3p/ mb but they insisted it was 1p / mb. They told me I should buy an Italian SIM card !!! (Not sure how that works on a phone locked to 3).

I have the feeling the data use showing in the three app is massively over-stated....

I've also wasted £20 on a 14 day data passport that after 3 days is useless!

MRDB90
Active

@DanC  @JonathanB  

cgkhive
Active

I've wasted a minimum of 3 man days on chat (being asked so many mundane irrelevant questions to waste time) and speaking to complaints department.   

While abroad, I was told I had used my 12GB fair usage roaming allowance.  My wife the same.  Three were unable to do anything until the next bill came out.  That showed we had used about 6GB and 2GB from memory.  And I was going abroad on another holiday so needed to have it resolved.

Three told me the over-reporting was a known issue with moving to a new IT system and should have been sorted, and I should reset my phone stats then monitor and as long as the Roaming stats were less than 12GB, I would be fine.  Sure enough, I got an SMS saying I was 80% through my 12GB monthly allowance.  Yet my accurate roaming data usage on the phone was only 2.2GB.  I think this sits close to fraud, telling people misinformation so that they stop using their phones and Three saves any costs for roaming data - do you agree?  

This remains unresolved with Three