cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly bill privlem

Mickypsmith
Fledgling

My bill was always on 24th, but I get paid on the 25th, so i manualy paid bill, always a day late. So in May I thought, set up a direct debit to come off after every 25th. So in May and June the debit came off after 25th amd near end of month. However,  today, the 24th of July, three took my payment, this incurred a bank charge, because being 1 day before, I get paid, I didn't have funds to cover it.  I called 333, explained the situation, they kept saying my bill is due every 24th. I explained this was the case when I manually paid the bill on 25th, which was always a day late. I asked rep, why would I set up a direct debit to come off in the 24th, 1 day before I get paid. It was this exact reason i set up a direct debit in the first place, so my bill would be 25th or after. Rep just reiterated bill is on 24th.

So basically,  she didn't believe me or she had no answer to it.

So thanks three, I set up a directvdebite to come off after 25th so I'm  not a day late, but you decide to take it off on same date before I set up direct debit.

I now have a bank charge that at moment I don't know how much it will be.

I did the right thing in setting up the direct debit.

I did the right thing in making sure I didn't pay 1 day late.

But I'm left with a bank charge for doing the right thing.

1 REPLY 1
sc1999
Local celebrity

I am on Android pay monthly and there is an option in my3, under bills, to change payment date. They are carrying out work so you cannot do it until mid-August. It must be a major system upgrade if they are preventing a simple task like this for 3-4 weeks. I've worked on systems migrating tens of millions of records and it did not take 2-3days let alone weeks.