cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and Roaming

xena
Regular

Can anyone help? Because I'm going around in circles....

I'm currently on a pay monthly plan with 4gb data inc

I'm going to Spain soon and I've puchased the 7 day go roam pass. 

I want to add more data ...say 6gb for the month to cover my holiday too. So 10gb in total inc my allowance so under the 12gb cap.

Is the 12gb included with the 7 day go roam pass even though I only have 4gb on my plan. Or do i purchase a 6gb add on to boost my data allowance? I'm getting random different answers

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @xena,

Sorry for any confusion on this. If you have added a data add on but are still within the 12GB fair use this should cover you. All our data add ons work exactly as data already included in your plan.

So based on what you've shared you'd be able to use the full 10GB and the only extra costs are what you paid for the extra data add on and roaming passes.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

I think, but not completely sure, you are limited to 12gb per month and, despite the blurb, comes out of your allowance. So if you have a 4gb plan then 4gb is what you get. 

As usual 3's ts&cs are either deeply buried or as clear as mud.

xena
Regular

@sc1999 wrote:

I think, but not completely sure, you are limited to 12gb per month and, despite the blurb, comes out of your allowance. So if you have a 4gb plan then 4gb is what you get. 

As usual 3's ts&cs are either deeply buried or as clear as mud.

xena
Regular

So after speaking to 3 ....they've said I can add an extra boost add on 6gb here in the UK and this will top up my 4gb so I get 10gb to cover me in Tenerife. 

Can anyone confirm this is the case....so confusing

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @xena,

Sorry for any confusion on this. If you have added a data add on but are still within the 12GB fair use this should cover you. All our data add ons work exactly as data already included in your plan.

So based on what you've shared you'd be able to use the full 10GB and the only extra costs are what you paid for the extra data add on and roaming passes.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

xena
Regular

Thank you Jonathan