cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details on PAYG minimum usage & credit validity period

suakasaya
Regular

I have a few questions about the requirement to make at least one chargeable  activity every 180 days to keep the number active. Let’s say the chargeable activity we’re talking about is outgoing call.

1. When does the 180-day period start for the SIM card’s active status? Is it counted from the last time I topped it up with credit, or from the last time I made an outgoing call? (Say if I do a credit topup in January, my last outgoing call is in March, will the card expire in June or August?)

2. Does the credit have validity period? If so when does it expire? (Say if I topup the number with £20 credit in January, but during the 180 days I only manage to use £10. Will the rest £10 be forfeited after June? Or will it be available for as long as I keep the number active?)

I’d greatly appreciate any responses from anyone on this topic. Thank you in advance!

Best solution
Best solution
Geluk
Key player

180 days from last chargeable usage ie either text or call. Credit added to your SIM does not expires, as is shown when you log in to your 3 account.

View solution in conversation

13 REPLIES 13
Best solution
Geluk
Key player

180 days from last chargeable usage ie either text or call. Credit added to your SIM does not expires, as is shown when you log in to your 3 account.

suakasaya
Regular

Ah okay I see, thank you so much!

suakasaya
Regular

Hi, Geluk, sorry for bothering you again. Is there any way to check the exact expiry date of the SIM card? I couldn’t seem to find it anywhere in the app.

JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello Suakasaya,

There is no information on the My3 App that will show the expiry date, the 180 days runs from your last chargeable usage ie an outbound call, text, or mobile data connection.

Hope this helps 🙂

John M

Qiew
Fledgling

Gekuk mentioned that 180 days from last chargeable usage ie either text or call. He didn't emphasise to incl. Data usage.  Who is correct? Is there any  amount of data usage required to be qualified ?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Qiew,

Data usage will also qualify as long as it uses some of the data allowance from an add on, or some of your cash credit.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

suakasaya
Regular

Retiredyoung
Fledgling

My balance hadn't updated after sending 2 text messages in December since the new website required re-registering in November. I contacted 3 by phone today and was told that you get given 2 free text messages, even if you don't top up your credit. This was a surprise as at no time did 3 advise me of this and I can't find anything on their website. I had sent my first text to keep my account active (180 day rule) and as this hadn't registered against my balance resent another one 11 days later. This still hadn't decreased my balance. 3 advised me to send another text, which I did and this did finally make my balance decrease by 15p. Can anyone else confirm if this has happened to them or confirm that the 2 free text messages is monthly or what, as obviously customers may get their accounts/credit suspended.

ChrisAO
Active

Just FYI albeit late in the day, same for me.