cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details on PAYG minimum usage & credit validity period

suakasaya
Regular

I have a few questions about the requirement to make at least one chargeable  activity every 180 days to keep the number active. Let’s say the chargeable activity we’re talking about is outgoing call.

1. When does the 180-day period start for the SIM card’s active status? Is it counted from the last time I topped it up with credit, or from the last time I made an outgoing call? (Say if I do a credit topup in January, my last outgoing call is in March, will the card expire in June or August?)

2. Does the credit have validity period? If so when does it expire? (Say if I topup the number with £20 credit in January, but during the 180 days I only manage to use £10. Will the rest £10 be forfeited after June? Or will it be available for as long as I keep the number active?)

I’d greatly appreciate any responses from anyone on this topic. Thank you in advance!

Best solution
Best solution
Geluk
Key player

180 days from last chargeable usage ie either text or call. Credit added to your SIM does not expires, as is shown when you log in to your 3 account.

View solution in conversation

13 REPLIES 13
James150
Fledgling

@Retiredyoung- I can confirm that I had the same behaviour - I needed to send three texts before my balanced decreased. This was on a new PAYG SIM which registered and activated today.

ChrisAO
Active

@JohnM or @JonathanB AIUI as stated in https://www.three.co.uk/content/dam/threedigital/terms-and-conditions/paym-and-payg/payg-terms-and-c...  the 180 days does NOT include from a Top-Up as it does on some other networks. Could you please confirm I've understood correctly (or not!). Thanks.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ChrisAO,

Great question! In the t's and c's you'll see that it also refers to adding a voucher. I double checked this with my contacts, just to be 100% and any top up will also reset the timer. A credit/debit card or other top up method effectively creates a dummy voucher in the system, so don't worry, it doesn't need to be a printed voucher from a shop.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ChrisAO
Active

Those Ts&Cs are badly written and so confusing. Looking at it again I see a voucher is mentioned at the start of the document in Summary Section C, and again in para.9.1.(i) but no mention of the other forms of top-up (or the fact that they create a "dummy" voucher), so thanks for clarifying the situation.

I don't suppose we can expect them to update the document to clarify this, as it took them nearly two months to produce an updated Price Guide (even the Price Guide page is full of confusion)!