cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit fail and threats to cut off phone

Rebmck
Fledgling

I've had various text messages from 3 ranging from telling me my direct debit failed, to saying my direct debit has been updated. I've also just received a message saying I have 24 hours to pay my overdue bill or I'll be cut off.

I've tried to call 3 up and there is a message saying they are investigating the failed DD issue but don't say anything about services not being cut off.

There is advice by 3 moderators in this forum saying to wait 7 days for the DD to be taken again, but I don't want to be cut off or have this affect my credit rating. I couldn't pay via the app when I tried.

Can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue? I shouldn't have to spend hours trying to sort out three's issue. 

Also is this going to affect my credit rating? I'm in the process of buying a house.

Best solution
Best solution
Rebmck
Fledgling

Having been on hold for ages a minute after posting this I got through to an operator! 

I was told the text saying I had 24 hours to pay was autogenerated and to ignore it. My payment should be take by direct debit on 5th June (originally should have been 24th May) and this issue will have no impact on my credit rating.

Hope this helps others with this issue.

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
Best solution
Rebmck
Fledgling

Having been on hold for ages a minute after posting this I got through to an operator! 

I was told the text saying I had 24 hours to pay was autogenerated and to ignore it. My payment should be take by direct debit on 5th June (originally should have been 24th May) and this issue will have no impact on my credit rating.

Hope this helps others with this issue.

Madmelly76
Regular

Well I've had the same problem with my sim only contract, I had to manually pay it through the app yesterday because my dd hadn't been taken for 2 months running and YES! IT HAS AFFECTED MY CREDIT SCORE! My score dropped by over 100 points with clearscore. I've had perfect payments for years and years and then three go and screw that up for me. I have had nothing but issues with this company. They have also sent me an email saying they haven't received the router I sent back because of poor signal with mobile broadband even though I have proof of sending it from the post office and proof they've received it through tracking. So now three is threatening me with carrying on the contract. I wish I had never tried three out. I should have stayed with Virgin. 

DarioN
Regular

In May this year 3 sent our a text saying they had a direct debit error and do nothing 

On the 14th of July 2023 they sent out a text saying : 

We know you've been affected by some recent issues with the collection of your monthly direct debit. We’ve been working to fix those issues, but this is not the experience we want you to have with us. As a gesture of apology and to thank you for your patience, we've credited your account with £10 which will be reflected on your next bill. 

However the text message tells untruths as when I checked my credit file in.mid August 2 missed payments were recorded

Thus far 3 refuse to answer one simple question: where does it say in the contract terms that 3 are permitted to add missed payments to my credit file when I am not in default.  

It should be noted my credit score dropped 35 points and since reporting it to the credit agency and 3 it has not recovered. 

3 are a menanace in the market place and cannot be trusted even to answer a simple question. Fact