cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody respond to proofs@3mail.com?

Mrlbdx
Fledgling

I've been trying to change the surname on my account since April 2022. Nobody ever responds to the proofs email address and the chat people cannot do anything.

Can somebody please help me get this sorted? 

6 REPLIES 6
Geluk
Key player

Send them a Direct Message via Social Media.

Mrlbdx
Fledgling

Tried and no reply. Thanks anyway! 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

It's disappointing to see you've been trying to get this changed for so long without success. 

The proofs address is only for providing documentation for a request you've made. The team would usually not email back when you send information to this address, but they would email you if they made changes to your account as a result of sending something. 

Have you been advised of what information you'd need to send to the proofs address in order to complete your request? 

Pete.

Mrlbdx
Fledgling

Hi,

Yes, I've been advised and have sent the information and documentation over several times

Thanks

Help1
Fledgling

I’ve been trying to change my surname for months with no response but then I can’t upgrade my phone without changing my surname? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Help1,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been able to get your details updated with the team. Are you not receiving any response from the team at all? Do you have a Three store nearby at all? One other solution would be to pop into store with your photo ID, passport or driving license, along with a utility bill dated within 3 months, showing your correct name and registered billing address. 

If your name is incorrect due to a typo or other error, then the above should be sufficient. If the change is a legal name change, you should bring a relevant copy of; marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, final order, or deed poll, whichever is appropriate.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.