Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free EU roaming

dinnertime
Fledgling

Eu roaming charges seem to be very much on the way back for UK customers. As many of us in the UK will now be returning, or thinking of returning, to international travel as covid restrictions ease, is it time for government action on this to compel these companies to remove these unjustified charges?

35 REPLIES 35
Wezzie
Regular

Good topic to raise, I am about to embark on my first foreign holiday in nearly three years but like to think it won't cost me the earth to keep in touch with family ... come on Three, start a new trend and don't charge us when we're abroad!

pinkflamingo
Fledgling

Extremely good topic as I am facing a few months work in the EU while I am still live in the UK. After a few months my current contract expires and I will be charged for roaming. I should say welcome to Brexit however don't want to be political I rather want to find a solution. Imagine more and more people working from abroad and instead of thinking about the future and how new workforce come alive its like being thrown back to the stone age. What would you do? How would you change? Maybe we can do some brainstorming 🙂

katieali55
Regular

I definitely agree- action needs to be taken here!

Chriscambell
Regular

Honestly I don’t understand how data roaming works. I just try to use Wi-Fi whenever I can!

Danton1886
Regular

I think it strange we should go from no charges, straight back to charges, even if they are capped. It needs to be clear before you use your device abroad, what charges you may incur. I look back fondly, when it was not an issue

Mahoojie
Regular

Not everyone is charging, I'm getting ready to jump ship for the first time in years.

Tcm
Regular

Is it only O2 that does charge for EU roaming?

dinnertime
Fledgling

Think three and Vodafone have announced changes

Anonymous
Not applicable

The lack of roaming charges made staying connected when travelling so much easier in the past years and it is such a pity that we now seem to be taking steps back. Hopefully, new packages can be made available that solve this problem.