cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Charged For An Account I Didn’t Open

Mng000
Fledgling

I’ve been with Three since 2021. As of August 2023, I have been getting double charged. I contacted Three via their online chat service. They informed me that I had a second account opened and that was why I have been getting charged twice each month. I never opened a second account and am unsure why it was opened randomly. I had changed my phone the month after this started to occur, but nothing new happened prior to me getting double charged.

I became aware of this because of their text messages they’d send notifying me I had an upcoming payment due. 

Over the course of 10 months, I have gone into my local Three shop regarding this issue, contacted Three using their online chat multiple times, and filed a complaint. They would inform me they’d investigate it as fraud and would contact me within 30 days. I checked my email, post, missed calls, and text messages regularly and never received any notification regarding my issue. Rather, I’d get an email saying that because they could not reach me, my query was closed. The most recent time I contacted customer service, they informed me to contact the police to confirm I did not open this second account. I am unsure of what my options are and have been trying to resolve this for about 6 months. 

1 REPLY 1
MZone
Superstar

It might be worth your time raising a complaint via this page https://bit.ly/3RaqpvS