cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Roam in ATWX Data charges but no internet

Chiara_83
Fledgling

Hi everyone, I have been in the Caribbeans since October 3rd and had not organised to have data I've been ok not having Internet, not making calls or texts and only connecting to WiFi or hotspots when available. I had a text today saying I had ran out of data. I usually have an unlimited data, calls and texts but I know this is not valid abroad but I'm confused to see a charge of over £100 in the section data under my usage - Out-of-allowance charges.

Is this a mistake? I don't see why I'm being charged if I'm not even able to use the data...

Thank you in advance 

1 REPLY 1
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Chiara. 

That's not so good, it's quite a large amount to be charged for data in a Go Roam destination. Normally caps would kick in to prevent that unless they were changed. 

It's unclear what caused the charged you have received, and in order to find out, I'd recommend you speak to the Support Team by calling or chatting, as they can view the details within the account, and advise based on that. 

Hopefully your bill isn't as high as the messages suggested. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.