cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Roam

knclare
Fledgling

My plan is due for renewal next month. It started before Oc 21 so I have the benefit of the free Go Roam when I travel  to the USA. Will that continue or will I lose that benefit?

13 REPLIES 13
sc1999
Local celebrity

If you just let the existing contract run then your roaming will continue as is. If you renew this will be a new contract and your free roaming will be gone. 

If your contract included a new phone, not a sim only deal, then you will continue to pay for the phone and you calling contract. You need to consider this in your calculations.  

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @knclare,

@sc1999 makes some great points here. Renewing your plan will move you onto the current terms which means Go Roam will not be free for you anymore, but it's best to calculate the overall costs of how much time you are likely to spend abroad in the next year or two. The default rate is £2 per day for Go Roam in Europe, and £5 per day for Go Roam around the world destinations like the USA.

If you have a chat with our sales teams about Three Your Way, then there's some more options available. We do plus and premium plans that have Go Roam passes included, these currently aren't available online, but our Sales and Store teams can help fill you in on these options. If you take a standard Three Your Way plan then you can still buy Roaming Passes as add ons, and they work out cheaper than paying per day.

You can find our price guides here if you'd like to get a bit more information about how roaming works with these.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

knclare
Fledgling

Thanks for this.

Today I had a text and email from Three about my contract ending. 

So - if my understanding is correct from these and both of your replies then if I just let my current contract run without 'renewing' as such then I will continue to get Go Roam for free? If that is the case then that is what I will do.

Please could you confirm?

Thanks

Karl 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Are you on a sim only deal?

knclare
Fledgling

yes just sim only deal which expires this month.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Stick with what you have, no point in losing your benefits.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Karl,

That's correct, although from time to time we may withdraw older plans, if that were to happen we'll contact you with at least 30 day's notice. Until then if that seems to be the best option you're all good to rollover the existing plan.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

knclare
Fledgling

Has this now changed? I have now been hit with an 'out of allowance' charge of £8.00 which the Live chat is telling me for using data on 1st Feb in USA. They have said that nobody gets free roaming anymore. I said that I didn't believe that to be true as I had not been informed. The Live chat person was less than helpful and I am not sure understood the concept of pre Oct 21 contracts. More advice please!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @knclare,

You should still have received some advance notice if we had to withdraw your plan, assuming you haven't renewed it in the meantime.

Customer services should be able to raise this with our billing team to dispute the charge, and also check to make sure that you're excluded from the daily Go Roam charges going forwards.

As when we discussed this a few months ago, customers that joined and haven't renewed since before October 21 are still able to use Go Roam without the daily charge.

Thanks,
Jonathan