cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change my name on my account?

Saminamusani
Fledgling

Hi so for the past 2 years I sent email to proofs@3mail.com 

and provided my current information, name, d.o.b address + provided my driver license, passport picture, utility bill and birth certificate and also wrote that I want my name to be changed from R***ha to Samina on my 3 account. For 2 years I have been trying and 3 has not sent me a response yet nor has my name been changed on my account. Come on this is very frustrating @HelpMe 

Best solution
Best solution
JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Saminamusani 

That's really frustrating! Sorry to hear this. In case this still isn't resolved I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

View solution in conversation

9 REPLIES 9
toniutsa
Fledgling

Hi,

Why you just don’t contact them by the phone or online chat?

Saminamusani
Fledgling

I did. They said they can’t do anything over the phone or webchat. They said the only solution is to email them at the email address above. I emailed since 2 years and no one has helped me. Im so sick and tired 

Best solution
JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Saminamusani 

That's really frustrating! Sorry to hear this. In case this still isn't resolved I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

PixelsRed
Fledgling

I sent an email two weeks ago with the same query and have received no response. How long does it take?

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Where did you send your email to? The support team don't use an email address for responding to account queries normally. 

Pete. 

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

PixelsRed
Fledgling

I went into my local Three branch and they told me to email proofs@3mail.com

Is this email address not monitored? If it was incorrect, I would have expected a reply within two weeks.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

That email address is used to provide the team with evidence supporting whatever your request is. In the example from this thread, it would have been evidence to support a change of details on the account. However, the request to get that done cannot be raised by email. You'd need to contact the team regarding your query on chat or by calling, they would ask you to send the info, and then they would take action on it once received. 

Since you've already sent the information in, it may still be available on the account. If you head through to the team on one of the options here, the team might still be able to access it, and update your details for you.

Pete. 

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

PixelsRed
Fledgling

Hi I tried the web chat and they said they couldn't do a name change and I would have to email the proofs email and they'd update and get back to me within seven days. It's been over two weeks and they haven't.

Can you please work out amongst yourselves whether or not I'm meant to email proofs or not? Or better yet, give me someone to talk to so I can update my name. It's incredibly upsetting that youse keep calling me by the wrong name and then telling me what to do to fix it and then nothing happening.

Edit: I'm very sorry. Outlook put proofs' email reply in my junk folder and I only just found it.

However, they *did* indeed reply thanking me for sending my documents so the advice you gave me above seems to be incorrect and the proofs email can be used to open a query.

schalle
Fledgling

I have the same issue, i even went and visited a shop with my old ID and my new ID at the same time and the staff were so stupid that they said that even though they had both of my ID's in front of them they cant change my name and i have to email proofs@3mail.com, i have emailed them 5 times the past 3 years and no one has replied, or changed my name. The staff are completely useless and this is the worst user experience.