cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to connect my laptop

Vusi
Fledgling

Hi I would like to know why i don’t have airtime on my phone bt three store they told me it’s unlimited bt I can’t phone I only have data,and I need help because I can’t connect my laptop to my phone for the internet what can I do please help 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your post indicates you’re payg and if that’s correct it’s likely you’ll need to top up and/or buy a bundle of minutes texts and data. If you haven’t already done so download the My Three app where you can do everything from within.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

It sounds like you might have a Pay as You Go Data only SIM. The normal Pay as You Go SIMs have minutes and texts included in their bundles. If you've advised the store that you needed a SIM for a laptop, it's likely that a Data only SIM would have been recommended. 

If you are however planning on using it in a phone to Hotspot for your laptop, then minutes could be of some use, but you'd need to have a standard Pay as You Go Phone SIM for that. 

Pete.

MXClive
Fledgling

I don't fully understand what you mean by BT?

Anyway, I have connected my laptop after a few attempts and a hotspot and found that the hotspot is best to connect at 2.4 GHz for the WiFi to work with most devices. If you look at the band in the phone hotspot settings you can adjust what band to use. 

I'm not even sure this is your problem but may help you. Just wanted to share my experience.