cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this fraudsters?

Sammysammyx
Fledgling

Hi, 

I have received a call today saying I am eligible for a free early upgrade even though I am only 12 months into my contract.  The caller said I have been selected because i have loyalty credits with three,  they only asked for my account number and sort code to verify my address for delivery is this legit? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

What do you think? The answer is NO. Why would anyone, other than a thief, ask for your sort code and account number. The usual proofs are full name, postcode and, maybe, first line of address. Contact your bank and ask them to be on the lookout for any account activity such as new standing orders.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Just please tell us you didn’t fall for this load of old twaddle.?🤞

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sammysammyx,

I'm sorry we didn't pick up on your post at the time. As the other community members who replied suggested, this does seem like a scam. If you've ever any concerns regarding the legitimacy of a call received, customer services should be able to confirm if we've really been in touch from your account notes.

Here's some other helpful links concerning scams and fraud here: Mobile phone contract fraud (three.co.uk)

And here: Report a problem | Three

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.