cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large bill no one can explain

IanB
Fledgling

After 3mnths trying to upgrade my phone and plan I received my first new bill. I have tried 4 times via chat, phone calls to find out why the bill is so large. Yesterday I got the operator to raise a complaint to investigate it and get to the bottom of the issue as no one could answer my questions.  This afternoon I got an email to say it was closed with no explanation. 

Any help would be appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

There can be several reasons for a large bill after upgrading.

If you upgrade before your current contract ends, then you have to pay then outstanding balance of the old contract.

Was there an initial payment required for the new phone?

Did you buy any extras such as a case or insurance?

Has there been a gap in the billing from 3? If yes, then they are playing catch up. Also, if the new contract started part way through a billing month then you will have a larger bill for the first month.

Failing any of these then it's back to customer services.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @IanB,

I'm really sorry to hear that your bill has been higher than expected. Have you been able to view the bill on My3 or the Three App? From the community we can't view your account but if you can let us know whether the charges are showing as higher than expected for your plan, or if there's particular add ons, or usage you can see you've been charged for then we may be able to give further advice, or point you to more help.

We'll need a bit more info to help you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.