cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Three

johnbw121

Dear Three,

I am writing to formally express my dissatisfaction with the experience I’ve had trying to cancel my mobile broadband service.

When my contract was due to end, I decided not to renew, as I wanted to explore other options. However, the process of cancelling my service was needlessly complicated. During the live chat, which lasted approximately 30 minutes, I was bombarded with questions about why I wanted to leave and who I was switching my service to. I found these questions both intrusive and a waste of time.

I was informed that I would receive an envelope to return the router, which I initially had no issue with. However, I then received an email on 05/09/24 stating that I would be charged £105 if I didn’t return the router by 19/09/24, despite my contract not ending until 21/09/24. It’s clear that I needed to give a month's notice, but I must ask: why does it take a month to cancel when activation takes only a few days? Is this designed to generate additional revenue? This led to yet another 30-minute live chat session to resolve the discrepancy.

To add to my frustration, despite not having any active lines, I was still required to pay an additional month’s rental fee of £21.84 for the period 18/09/24 - 17/10/24 for 4 days service 3 weeks after my service terminated, which I paid to avoid any late payment charges. Once again, when I reached out via live chat, the customer service I received was unsatisfactory, to say the least.

This entire process of leaving Three has been unnecessarily time-consuming, stressful, and incredibly frustrating. I do not understand why it is so difficult to end a contract, nor why I was continually given unhelpful responses such as “it’s computer-generated.”

I hope you take this complaint seriously and address the issues within your cancellation process to prevent similar frustrations for other customers. As frankly, it shouts out greed and unethical conduct on Threes part!!

1 REPLY 1
Geluk
Key player

This is a customer forum; you must contact 3 directly; try  calling 333.