cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty means nothing

BlueTaylor91
Fledgling

I have been with Three network for over 10 years. Never miased a payment etc. I am coming to the end of yet another contract and wanted to discuss my options... needless to say i am absolutely disgusted.... I can get a better deal being a "new customer" better still i can go to a competitor and get an even better deal. I.e. O2, EE. My loyalty means nothing. Why is this?! Maybe there isnt an answer but it would be shame to have to switch. 

7 REPLIES 7
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, you are by no means the first to ask why you should be loyal to a company that shows no loyalty to you. The government stepped in and made the insurance industry stop buying new business at the expense of its current customers. One day they may extend this to all business sectors. You have to choose between staying with 3 or voting with your feet. I show no loyalty to businesses that treat new customers better than existing ones and this is why I my mobile contract is just that, mobile. I have not renewed a mobile contract in the last 10 years. I take out a 2-year contract and at the end I ask for the best deal and it never matches what they offer new customers. 

BT promised not to charge renewals a price higher than new customers get at that is what happened when I renewed. However you do have to remember to renew.

O2 split their contracts into 2. The bill comprises airtime and device so when you get to the end of the contract they only charge you airtime. It's a pity that they are so pricey.

Rant over.

BlueTaylor91
Fledgling

Thanks for your quick response.

Its literally infuriating, i can cancel my current contract. Re-join as a new customer and get a fantastic deal. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Check that you can still keep your number.

garetc
Involved

There’s some great deals on 3G.co.uk £17 for unlimited data vs Three offering it for £24. If you call retentions they will be able to offer you some deals I was offered 100GB for £10 this week.

If you take a new contract on the new system (and go through the credit check etc) you can request a PAC on your old number and ‘port’ your number much like the way customers switch from pay as you go to pay monthly.

Any deal taken after 31st will be on the new system, sites like 3G.co.uk will redirect to Three’s website and be on the new system.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Sounds promising, but it is still to much like hard work. How many customers will just accept the first deal that is offered? Maybe the community can keep stirring until the whole process is easier for all.

garetc
Involved

I agree it feels like good deals are subjective.

I did enjoy they offered to let me re-contract for unlimited data at a higher price than I am currently paying.

If I took no action I would be paying less and not be tied into a 24m contract with two price rises.

Ed19
Regular

I don`t blame you been with THREE for over 10 years, same happened to me they offered me to pay more for new contract then i had before so there is no point to stay with them all the time, rather keep being new customer then extendig and speaking with them !