cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to get Proof of Usage / IMEI blacklisting for Insurance

zoltannm
Fledgling

I see from the number of similar posts, it's not just me then who spends an inordinate amount of time communicating with 3 Live Chat for nothing in return.

I've been advised twice to send proof of purchase to the 'proofs' email account without reply. On 2 other occasions I've been put through to the 'team' who specifically deals with these things who have raised requests for proof of usage and proof of IMEI blacklisting and on all occasions have just received text/email stating that my query has been closed BUT NO DOCUMENTS ARE ATTACHED! On the last occasion the agent even tried to reassure me wit "be assured, we do this all the time" that I would definitely get my evidence to progress my Insurance claim.

In desperation I even visited a 3 store but all they advised was that 3 cannot blacklist an IMEI unless the device was bought from 3 and to contact Apple (who then replied it is not their responsibility) 

I mean what does it take to get this evidence?

It's now 6 WEEKS since my first request and judging from the amount of people who have had similar experiences in this community let alone all the people who have suffered alone, it is a common thing to request yet so difficult to get. 

Has anyone in the community successfully been successful in getting proof of IMEI blacklisting and proof of usage by any other means?

If so, then PLEASE HELP ME! 

3 REPLIES 3
FePhil
Fledgling

I am having the exact same situation, please help! This is an absolute disgrace and means anyone who uses Three and has their phone stolen SIMPLY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CLAIM making INSURANCE POLICIES HELD FOR THREE PHONES NULL AND VOID as far as i can see!

We have contacted three 10 times and every time all information has to be repeated ALL OVER AGAIN despite every support agent then falsely promising it will be looked into within 48 hours and noted on the account.

Please someone who actually cares at three i have had my phone stolen, i just want Proof of usage and proof of barring documents so i can claim on my insurance!!!

This is ridiculous and i can see from multiple threads on here people having no luck after 6 weeks!

Next step for me is phoning into comsumer hour on the radio, social media and getting some advice on how to actually get Three to deliver on their promises!

Stac
Fledgling

Yes same problem 

roserobinsonnz
Fledgling

I’m having the same issue and have not had any response which is very diss