cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My3 Account for Broadband Hub

EP
Fledgling

Does anyone know how I can log into My 3 account (either online or via the app) using a number which is for my 4G broadband device? Since the SIM is in the router and not a phone, it can't receive texts but every time I try to log into my account, it tells me I need to input the code that was texted to my number...I tried asking the 3 live chat support people but they just sent me a link to reset my password, which takes me back round in circles and asks me to input the code texted to me again!

6 REPLIES 6
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey EP, welcome to Three Community 👋

When you first registered for My3 did you do that via a browser or the app?
When you try to log into My3 now (using your broadband number) are you then asked to enter another, alternative number?

This is how the service should work, so that we can send the two factor authentication code to your mobile number, instead of your router. Let us know if that's not showing up for you and we'll figure out the next steps to get that sorted.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Clever-Trevor
Established

Hi,

when I had similar issues - I just put the BB sim into my phone to receive the sms message. This enabled me to login to my3 & set an alternative number for future 2FA login. 

hope this helps. 

APT999
Fledgling

I had the same problem, rang 3 and took 30 minutes to sort, they can tell you the number, but appear not to want to ???????????

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi APT999,

Welcome to the three Community.

I appreciate that this must have been frustrating. The team will tend to avoid disclosing full phone numbers where possible, for security reasons. So you may be directed to self service, or to pass extra security in a situation like this. Thanks for bearing with the team, and glad to hear this was sorted out eventually.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Enfrance
Fledgling

I have the same problem. I used my daughter’s Wi-Fi and put the SIM in my phone. Eventually managed to register my SIM. Got home and put the SIM back in my router. Tried to connect using the Three app, entered my username and password and got a message telling me that a text had been sent to me with a verification code. 🙄🙄. So now despite spending most of Sunday getting the app registered I still can’t use it. Any solutions to this avoidable problem?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Enfrance,

We appreciate that these texts can be a bit more complicated on broadband accounts, if an alternative contact number is set for a data only SIM, then the code goes to the alternative number instead.

If you're able to pop the SIM into a phone, you may be able get the first message that way, and then update your alternative number from My3 or the App, or in case that's not practical, I'll send you a private message to get you in contact with a team that can help.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.