cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PAYG Data Packs & Auto renew

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a new PAYG account and would like to check the following with the community please. Apologies if this is already answered - I did search but couldn’t find.

is auto top-up required if I have an auto-renew data pack? For example, I have my debit card details stored for auto-topup at £35 on the 1st monthly and auto-renew Data pack . Do I need to have them both for the allowances to renew or do I just need to have the Auto-renew data pack? 

Hopefully I’ve not confused you 

2 REPLIES 2
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

If I've understood correctly, you're looking to have the allowance from the auto renew data pack each month, rather than having credit on the account. If so, you don't need to auto top up each month.

When you select an auto renew data pack, the system will automatically purchase the chosen data pack each month when the old one runs out. The system will ask you when you first choose the auto renew, how would you like to pay for the pack, you can use credit, or a registered payment card. In this case, you'd choose your card. This will continue until you stop it. 

If for some reason you did have auto top up active as well, it's likely you'd end up with credit on your account plus the selected auto renew, this is because the system would not change the chosen payment method from card to credit. 

Hope this makes sense. 
Pete. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

IMG_0274.png

IMG_0273.png

 OK thank you for replying so I’m still a little confused here. Is my data pack above an Add-on? If it is, the website/app says this will be auto renewed from any cash credit?

I think it could all be worded much better and to clearly differentiate auto-renew, topping up, recurring packs etc 

if you could clarify what I need to do that would be great