cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam

Geordie
Fledgling

Hi, I received calls from what appeared to be from three online promotions.........

SCAM.....

they use numbers like 0204 5064838  or 0203 9713038. emailing from info@threeupgradation.

sound so convincing, no upgrade delivered and £30.00 taken from my bank account!!! now my bank account is frozen while i wait for a new card. Three customer services were very helpful in helping with this fraud case. Users please be careful.

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

Three's number begin 03 and emails three.co.uk.

Hopefully you can recover your lost money.

It's time for the community homepage to be updated with permanent headings, front and centre, links for spotting and reporting fraud along with latest news 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the suggestion. There does seem to be a lot more instances of this particular scam going around in the last few weeks. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Geordie,

I'm sorry to hear that these scammers have taken advantage of our name here. Glad to hear that the team on our side were helpful, and I hope that your bank manage to help recover the funds and secure your accounts against any further activity from these criminals.

There's info on our Fraud to watch out for page that can be helpful in identifying different types of scam, and also has some advice on how to report them.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.