cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New device subscription plan can only be via direct debit? Can I not make payments with credit card?

matamouros
Regular

Hi, I was interested in acquiring a new device with a new subscription plan for 24 months 0%, but reading through the T&Cs you mention once that the payments "should" (your words) be made via direct debit. I was wondering if anyone knew if there's a way for me to bypass direct debit and instead make the monthly payments using a business credit card?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

Are you a private or business 3 customer? I would have thought 3 would take a business credit card with a business customer but, then again, 3 often seem to try very hard not to want business. I know a lot of businesses who are delighted to take monthly payments from a card.

Also click on the link and read the first sentence:

Ways to pay | Support | Three

matamouros
Regular

Thanks, private but with a business card - hopefully that makes sense. I pay my monthly phone bill already with the company credit card, so I know that is possible, but I am not sure if the same applies to buying a device on 12 or 24 months credit. The link you referred me to isn't specific on this, and the T&Cs of the credit seem to just mention that I "should" pay by direct debit. I don't want to go through all the way to the end and purchase a device just to find out I won't be able to pay the monthly credit bill with the cc. Thanks!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @matamouros,

You can still set up RTA (Recurring Credit/Debit card payments) against the airtime component on the new plans, but this doesn't apply to our Device Finance component of the new contracts.

We can take one off payments towards the device, but this is usually as a partial settlement to reduce the length of agreement, or the amount of the monthly payments. If paying monthly for a phone purchase then it would be a Direct Debit.

You can take the option to outright purchase the phone at point of upgrade too if that helps, so you could pay this on a Credit Card if that's feasible for you.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.