cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number disconnected during porting process

AIMEEK_B
Fledgling

Hi, have been a Three customer for a couple of years. Was looking for an upgrade but wasn’t a fan of the deals on the Three website so I looked elsewhere and found a new contract on Affordable Mobiles that worked perfectly for what I needed.

In the checkout process I put in a PAC code (which I now know cannot be used within the same network from monthly contract to monthly contract) and it all went through fine. Fast forward to when I activated the new sim, I got both a text message and email from Three to say my number (the one I want to keep and have used for over 10 years) is transferring over to my temporary number (the one in the new activated sim) and would be done on 8th Nov. With both the email and text message, I assumed it was all fine and going ahead. On the 8th, I get a text message to my original phone number to say it has been disconnected. At first this concerned me, but read online that this happens a lot when transferring a number.

I went to the Three shop to check that the message was just part of the porting process which I got told this shouldn’t have happened because of the new systems. The employee there told me that he’s surprised that this has happened and it must have slipped through the net. He escalated the problem for me and I have a case number to which I got told I’d hear back within 48 hours to see if they can reactivate my number. It’s been over 48 hours and I haven’t heard anything. I am so worried I’ve lost my number as I was under the impression from the email and text message from Three this was going ahead with no errors. Very aware now that this is not possible and no one can understand why the porting process has started. The Three online chat have been passing me around departments as I don’t think anyone understands what has happened.

At this point, I just want my number back, I don’t even need it transferred at this stage, I just don’t want to lose my old number. The Three employee in store said he’s hopeful because the porting process has started, and he hopes the number is still flying about somewhere. Has anyone else had a similar issue and had a positive outcome? 😞

I have this number connected to multiple accounts for security purposes over the years and I am going abroad on Sunday so was really hoping this would be sorted before then. Any help would be very much appreciated at this point please

2 REPLIES 2
numbernotported
Regular

It's been half a month of facing a similar issue. I think the porting system is broken.

I keep getting told multiple reasons. its not CS fault cause I don't think they have been told about this fault. No number of compliant seems to solve anything at three.
sorry its not constructive 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AIMEEK_B,

As you mentioned porting via PAC isn't intended for internal moves, but I totally appreciate how disruptive this must be, and we'll do our best to help.

I'm sorry but the community won't be the best place to help here, as we do need to access your account in order to investigate further, however I do have contacts within various departments, so I'll PM you some info to get you in contact with some colleagues who will make sure we sort this out for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.