cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent SMS Messages (charged without texting)

AnonymousOne
Fledgling

Hi,

I'd like to report a phone number associated with a fraudulent message that appears to have been charged without any such text originating from my device. I was wondering why my balance suddenly drops when there's no activity and this only became clear when I logged in and spotted the number I did not recognise. 

Since the text was neither sent from my device (and doesn't appear on it), I believe this suggests that three's network or systems have been compromised in some way.

The fraudulent number is: 00447860015004

Beware. Having checked the number online, others have reported the same issue. The police or action fraud should be made aware of this and three should refund customers for losses incurred.

2 REPLIES 2
Geluk
Key player
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AnonymousOne,

The most likely explanation for this would be that an App you have installed has permission to access and send texts. Have you reported the issue to customer services? They can certainly raise this with our billing teams to check for an issue, but most likely the message is originating on your phone/installed software.

As @Geluk mentioned there's also advice available online on how to report various types of fraud or scam.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.