cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old customer - finally on eSIM

Peter_L
Active

Hi all, just to update you that I’ve managed to request an eSIM today and I am finally running on eSIM (instead of plastic SIM). I was an old customer and had to wait until my number has been transferred to the new system which happened today. Straight away I went to Three chat and there was no problem to swap my plastic SIM for eSIM. All you need to do is to wait until you get a text or email from Three saying that Three is doing some update which takes about 3-4 days and in a meantime you won’t be able to access your My3 or Three app. This means that Three is transferring you to the new system. As soon as you are able to access My3 or Three app again (you will need to register again) that means you are now on new system and can request an eSIM 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
MZone
Superstar

Thanks for the update. I too got changed to the new billing system over the weekend. Can I ask why you are keen to change to an eSIM?

Peter_L
Active

I used to be with EE and Vodafone for a long time before I moved to Three and was really surprised that Three didn’t support eSIM (that time). I have also an international phone number and wanted to use both these SIMs in my iPhone. I had to carry two phones which wasn’t very convenient for me. So that’s my main reason 🙂

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Peter_L,

Thanks so much for your patience on this. Glad to hear the transfer went smoothly for you. 🙂

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Gary
Involved

Does this mean Apple Watch cellular pairing will work now please ?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gary,

I'm sorry to hear it if you still haven't been able to pair your Apple Watch, but this thread is about activating eSIMs instead of a physical SIM for your phone.

Smartwatch pairing also involves eSIM technology but there are different systems involved in this and a few different reasons you might run into difficultues with pairing. What error message are you receiving when you try to pair the watch?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Gary
Involved

This is it 

IMG_2031.png

IMG_2031.png

 I’ve been getting since last year 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gary,

Sorry for the delay in answering you here. That error usually means an issue with your My3 syncing up with the Apple Watch pairing systems.

If you're able to login to My3 and the App okay, then it may mean there's an issue with your password transferring between the 2 systems. We've found this can sometimes be caused by special characters in the password. Try changing your password and swapping out any special characters in case this works.

If it's still not working, please try the chat link that Steph and I have shared with you in the past. We need you to contact a team that has account access to escalate this further with the Tech teams, we can't do that with the info available to us on your community account.

Thanks,
Jonathan

markrich
Regular

When your eSIM was activated on your phone, did the process do anything to your phone other than activate the connection?

I have a new phone bought this week, but afraid to insert the existing SIM as it branded my existing phone with three splash screens on start and changes to the OS, which prevented me from receiving updates from Huawei that had not been released by Three.  This and other branding are not removable, even by flashing with the original Huawei firmware.

If an eSIM is the way to go, I should request one too.

Shaunl253
Regular

Thank you!

If you hadn't had posted I wouldn't have tried, now on eSIM 🙂