cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code request results in unexpected 'out-of-allowance charges'

Knobbly
Fledgling

Hi,

I have about 2 weeks left on each of 4x Three SIM only contracts I have for my family.  I plan to switch away from Three and so have requested PAC codes.

The automated Three response states that I have to pay the remainder of each contract which is about 2 weeks worth of contract - I expect that.

In addition it states that I need to pay 'out-of-allowance charges' which amounts to a whole months contract. Is that right? I thought that Three didn't need a notice period if cancelling a contract by PAC or STAC (thought this only applied if cancelling without PAC or STAC?).

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Knobbly
Fledgling

Anyone? Please?

Knobbly
Fledgling

Hi,

I have about 2 weeks left on each of 4x Three SIM only contracts I have for my family.  I plan to switch away from Three and so have requested PAC codes.

The automated Three response states that I have to pay the remainder of each contract which is about 2 weeks worth of contract - I expect that.

In addition it states that I need to pay 'out-of-allowance charges' which amounts to a whole months contract. Is that right? I thought that Three didn't need a notice period if cancelling a contract by PAC or STAC (thought this only applied if cancelling without PAC or STAC?).

Thanks

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Knobbly,

I'm sorry to hear that the texts you've received are giving different amounts to what you expected. I suspect that you may have a bill issued but it's not yet due?

When this happens, the automated system can't distinguish between different types of charge, it just reads the overall account balance.

I can only give general advice from here as I can't view accounts in response to Community posts, but when you cancel by PAC, the final bill will recalculate anything we've billed for in advance on your disconnection date, and apply the early termination fee if applicable. So you would have to pay till the end of the minimum term, but we won't bill you for the same dates twice.

The recalculated airtime and termination fee will be on your Final Bill which is issued within 30 days of cancelling, and you should find if you've disconnected part way through a bill cycle that some of the last Direct Debit has actually reduced how much you owe, or potentially cleared this entirely.

I hope this helps, but if you'd rather get the specific amounts checked out, then I'd recommend to get in touch, as those teams will be able to view your exact charges.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.