cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Auto-Top-Up taken just before Essential System Update but not credited to account.

JCB54321
Active

Hello,

I received this SMS from Three on 25SEP23:

Three 1.PNG

My Auto-Top-Up happens on the 27th of the month, and I got this SMS from Three on 27SEP23:

Three 2.PNG

The £10 Auto-Top-Up payment was taken from my credit card as usual on 27SEP23:

Three 3.PNG

However the Auto-Top-Up payment has not been credited to my account and I have no service on my phone. I re-registered for the new app and website after the Three System Update and all my allowances show as Expired:

Three 4.PNG

Three 5.PNG

I finally managed to get through to Three Chat this morning - they eventually said it was a known issue that they were looking at which was affecting some users, but could not give a timescale. Meantime I have a phone with no service. I asked Three Chat if they could put a small amount of temporary credit on my phone so I could use it whilst they were resolving the issue, and they refused. I can see there are other affected users in this forum.

This is not really acceptable. Clearly there has been a problem with the "Essential System Update between Thursday 28 Sept and Sunday 1 Oct". This isn't great, but you should at least provide affected users with some temporary credit so they can use their phones whilst you sort it out. Three currently have £10 of my money and have not provided any service for it.

Do you have a timescale for the problem to be fixed? Why can you not give affected users some temporary credit so they can use their phones?

6 REPLIES 6
JCB54321
Active

For some reason the screenshots above are not showing in some cases. Repost with the text from the screenshots:

I received this SMS from Three on 25SEP23:

"Hello. We'll be doing an essential system update between Thursday 28 Sept and Sunday 1 Oct.?

Your phone won't be affected over this weekend, and you'll still be able to call, text and use data as usual.

However, you won't be able to top up or buy Add-ons. And you'll have limited access to our app and My3.
So, we recommend checking your balance and topping up before the weekend.

For more info, including how to request a PAC/STAC before and during the system update, please see our FAQs at 3.uk/0c2845"

My Auto-Top-Up happens on the 27th of the month, and I got this SMS from Three on 27SEP23:

"Hi XXXXX,
Your Top-up Auto-renewal's hitting your account in 2 days.
If you need to top up or get an Add-on before then, you can do that at 3.uk/myacc"

The £10 Auto-Top-Up payment was taken from my credit card as usual on 27SEP23.

However the Auto-Top-Up payment has not been credited to my account and I have no service on my phone. I re-registered for the new app and website after the Three System Update and all my allowances show as Expired.

I finally managed to get through to Three Chat this morning - they eventually said it was a known issue that they were looking at which was affecting some users, but could not give a timescale. Meantime I have a phone with no service. I asked Three Chat if they could put a small amount of temporary credit on my phone so I could use it whilst they were resolving the issue, and they refused. I can see there are other affected users in this forum.

This is not really acceptable. Clearly there has been a problem with the "Essential System Update between Thursday 28 Sept and Sunday 1 Oct". This isn't great, but you should at least provide affected users with some temporary credit so they can use their phones whilst you sort it out. Three currently have £10 of my money and have not provided any service for it.

Do you have a timescale for the problem to be fixed? Why can you not give affected users some temporary credit so they can use their phones?

JCB54321
Active

@JonathanBcan you help please?

sc1999
Local celebrity

Screenshots are checked before being published and can take 24 hours, or longer over the weekend.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JCB54321,

I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that are gathering info on some PAYG issues following the recent update. Hopefully this should all be sorted out soon for you, but just to make sure, if you have a chat with the team I've directed to they'll collect your info and get this escalated.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JCB54321
Active

Hi @JonathanB, thanks for the PM. I spoke to the Three Social Media chat team - they were very pleasant but of course were not able to fix the IT problem which is affecting your users. They said they passed my info on to a team who is looking at it. It's now almost 2 weeks that I've been without phone service. It's not clear whether any further data packs I buy will be applied to my account either. Please get this sorted ASAP.

JCB54321
Active

I chatted again with Three Social Media Webchat today and they made some progress - I now have calls and SMS, but still no data. The agent who helped me tried to manually replicate the 10GB for £10 data pack auto-top-up which should have been credited to my account just before the Three system update, where you get an extra 2GB for doing auto-top-up. This has gone through as separate 2GB and 10GB data packs in 2 separate transactions. For some reason, the 2 GB pack is showing as empty, even though I've not used any data - my data has not worked since 27 September and did not work after the agent's intervention. The 10GB pack is showing as full and unused, but I can't seem to access it - it's like my account is stuck on the falsely "empty" 2GB pack:

Three 6.PNG

Three 7.PNG