cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid my bill but says its not been paid

Luis
Fledgling

So I recently got my first bill and I paid it early well because its my first time on contract so didn't really know what to do but now it still says its coming out of direct debt on the 20th and that it hasn't been paid at all I went through live chat and i got told to cancel my direct debt (I have done that) and then was told by another live chat that my payment had gone through but it still says unpaid 

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Luis,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm sorry to hear about all the confusion over your bill payment.

Our Direct Debits are scheduled as soon as the bill is produced although they don't get collected till around 19 days later, so it's best not to make a card payment early as this will result in a double payment. However, if the payment is due the 20th of this month, then that's plenty of notice, cancelling a Direct Debit at least 5 working days early should prevent a payment from being collected. So you most likely won't be charged a 2nd time this month.

I would recommend to reinstate your Direct Debit before next month's bill is created though, as all plans have a £5 discount for using a recurring payment method.

In terms of the payment showing it hasn't gone through, how did you make the payment, over the phone, on the app/My3, or did you make a bank transfer?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

8 REPLIES 8
sc1999
Local celebrity

You are one of several people who have posted that they paid before their direct debit was taken from the bank and seem surprised when 3 still take the dd. 3 must deal with 100,000s of dds so it's no surprise that the dd is still taken.

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Luis,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm sorry to hear about all the confusion over your bill payment.

Our Direct Debits are scheduled as soon as the bill is produced although they don't get collected till around 19 days later, so it's best not to make a card payment early as this will result in a double payment. However, if the payment is due the 20th of this month, then that's plenty of notice, cancelling a Direct Debit at least 5 working days early should prevent a payment from being collected. So you most likely won't be charged a 2nd time this month.

I would recommend to reinstate your Direct Debit before next month's bill is created though, as all plans have a £5 discount for using a recurring payment method.

In terms of the payment showing it hasn't gone through, how did you make the payment, over the phone, on the app/My3, or did you make a bank transfer?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Jayada
Regular

I paid in advance too and they said I didn’t. I don’t know what to do.

Jayada
Regular

I paid advance for estimates of contract for 226.60 pounds on 25th April 2024 via call center through bank transfer to Three account given by the call center. They said they have it received but my bank show the money have be paid out to Three company long ago. I called call center but they asked to send proof from bank which I did. It’s been 10 days and I heard nothing back. This makes me scared of using Three network especially with bills. 

Jayada
Regular

They said they have*Not received it

Sue59
Fledgling

I payed my August bill got a letter from my bank saying they paid .3 still saying it's not been paid I have sent the letter to 3 but still haven't stored it ..still saying for August money 

Jayada
Regular

I have the same issue and I’m stupid enough to paid them for the whole contract of estimate at 226.60 pounds.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were me and I’d paid over £200 and my service was still restricted I’d be jumping up and down so much there’d be a crater in the ground. What else have you done to try to resolve this?